The New Zealand Government has announced the following changes to MIQ requirements in 2022, as a five step opening process.
From 28 February 2022 - fully vaccinated New Zealand citizens, and other eligible travellers, will be able to travel from Australia to New Zealand without entering managed isolation.
From 14 March 2022 - fully vaccinated New Zealand citizens, and other eligible travellers, will be able to travel to New Zealand from around the world without entering managed isolation. Critical workers and family members will also be included in this step.
From April – July 2022 – International students, Australians, temporary visa holders and travellers from visa waiver countries, will be able to travel to New Zealand without entering managed isolation.
From October 2022 – All travellers can enter New Zealand without entering managed isolation.
For all travellers not required to enter MIQ, you will require the following:
- Proof of being fully vaccinated
- A negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result
- A passenger declaration about your travel history
- A day 0/1 rapid antigen test upon arrival and day 5/6 rapid antigen test
- Self-isolate for a period of time aligning to the close contact time-frame
More information about these changes can be found on the Unite Against COVID-19 website.