NZ National News
- Man caught illegally riding a Lime scooter across Auckland Harbour Bridge
A man has been filmed attempting to ride a Lime scooter across Auckland’s Harbour Bridge illegally.
- Dashcam footage shows close call on SH1 south of Huntly
A Hamilton man has shared dash cam footage of a vehicle narrowly avoiding oncoming traffic as it overtakes him on a double yellow line.
- Prisoners help increasing number of in-need families whose children sleep on the floor
Families whose children are forced to sleep on the floor have been brought to tears by a new prisoner-police initiative to build beds.
- Serious injuries in Summit Rd crash, Christchurch
A person has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash in Christchurch.
- Family of Auckland hit and run victim Nathan Kraatskow want driver's sentence appealed
The mother of Auckland hit and run victim Nathan Kraatskowâ has attacked the sentence handed down to the driver responsible for killing her son.
- Warriors join police on drink-drive patrol, with rewards for sober drivers
Rugby league stars took to the streets of Auckland, working beside police officers conducting driver breath checks on Friday night.
- Landlord harasses tenant with 32 rent increase and eviction reminders over 15 days
A landlord who threatened a tenant with rent increases and eviction in a swarm of text messages and phone calls over two weeks has been fined $500.
- Wild weather calls Fire and Emergency to 40 jobs in one night in South Auckland
Fire and Emergency were kept busy on Friday night after wild thunderstorms and rain lashed parts of South Auckland.
- Auckland's stadium stalemate: No timeline for key 'political discussion' on sports grounds
Progress on Auckland’s stadium proposals has ground to a halt, with no timeline for the completion of key political talks.
- Karakia for girl, 4, killed in 'tragic accident' at south Auckland rugby club
An emotional karakia has been delivered at a south Auckland rugby club where a young girl died in a “tragic accident” involving a scrum machine.
- Council begins search for new market venue
A popular fruit and vegetable market could be on the move to make way for a development on the banks of the Hutt River.
- Apartheid era flag on display in Tawa shop window
An apartheid era flag displayed in the shop window of a Wellington suburb has been labelled “racist” by locals.
- Flashback: Bassett Rd's machine-gun murderer lives on in Te Papa artwork
Art, an abandoned car, murder and a missing man have intrigued a nation unable to let go of a possible mystery, Jessica Long reports.
- John Wells, respected scientist and guardian of Pauatahanui ecology
John Berkeley James Wells: marine biologist, environmentalist; b October 6, 1935; d November 12, 2018
- Gordon Whiting: A life defined by enduring principles
Gordon Whiting, former Environment Court judge: b March 16, 1942; d November 6, 2018
- Neat Places: The best bars for summer drinks
Feeling a little parched? Christchurch has plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants offering some trendy thirst quenchers.
- Cafe chat: new venture for Welles Street owner Tom Newfield
- Dot Com Cafe does what it says on paper, and nothing more
A taste of… Dot Com Cafe. 42 Marriner St, Sumner, Christchurch.
- A riotous show set to take over Christchurch's Isaac Theatre Royal
The Isaac Theatre Royal would like to advise the public that there will be a riot involving children at the theatre in late December.
- Drunken roof jump leads to sustainable leather goods company
Fair to say there are less dramatic business-origin stories than that of James Richardson and Sonder Leather.
NZ Sports News
- Plummeting NZ Breakers on guard as they look to snap five-game NBL losing skid
Last time out the Breakers guards, with the exception of Jarrad Weeks, would have struggled to hit the sea from the pier.
- Neil Wagner strikes after errant front boot threatens to cost Black Caps against Sri Lanka
Didn’t New Zealand need that Neil Wagner wicket.
- 'These are the fights I want' – Dan Hooker ready for major UFC test against Edson Barboza
Dan Hooker is locked in the present.
- NZ Rugby getting creative in the fight to retain star All Blacks trio post-RWC
New Zealand Rugby is making every effort to retain star All Blacks trio Beauden Barrett, Brodie Retallick and Ardie Savea post-2019 but are making no promises in the face of unprecedented temptations …
- NZ Rugby boss Steve Tew lays down law: 'We won't chase our coach till after RWC'
New Zealand Rugby are planning for the new All Blacks head coach to bring his own support crew on board and are adamant they will not move on Steve Hansen’s successor until after next year’s World Cup …