NZ National News
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
- Ducks 'dying like flies' in reserves on Auckland's North Shore due to avian botulism
More than 30 sick or dead ducks pulled from one Auckland pond amid deadly avian botulism outbreak.
- Man rides bike on Auckland motorway as cars swerve to avoid him
Male cyclist gestures and yells at angry drivers while riding down four-lane motorway at rush hour.
- Auckland secondary school accused of rape culture for telling female students they're distracting male teachers
”It’s just sending a really bad message,” says a parent with a student at the Auckland secondary school.
- Auckland University of Technology cancels course six days from start of semester
Students have been left scrambling to find a new major after their chosen course was scrapped at short notice.
- New Crown Entity set up to deal with infrastructure deficit
A Crown Entity, to deal with ‘unprecedented’ infrastructure deficit issues, is expected to be operating by October.
- Wellington crossing lights changed to kapa haka figures to honour Te Matatini festival
Wellington has new pedestrian lights in honour of kapa haka festival Te Matatini.
- From Kāpiti to Kobe – The globe-trotting Kiwi sailing for peace
Emily-Rose Reid swaps Kāpiti for a three-month adventure on the Peace Boat.
- Environmentalist message at the heart of Wellington-born woman's art
First it was the plight of animals – now it’s the plight of bees artist Jane Kellahan is examining.
- Threat of Tropical Cyclone Oma looming large over weekend of events in Wellington
The spectre of Tropical Cyclone Oma is looming large over events across Wellington.
- The songs of Sondheim brought to Wellington's stage
Sweeney Todd, West Side Story – composer Sondheim’s list of hits goes on.
- Perfecting fluffy dumplings comes down to one key ingredient
Steamed, fried or boiled – there’s one ingredient all good dumplings should have in common.
- Cafe Chat: Healthy market feast after Run to Remember
Health conscious foodies will provide post-run fuel at Christchurch’s Hansen Park Market.
- Enrich the mind and satisfy the appetite at Foundation
REVIEW: Get book smart and a great brunch at Christchurch’s new library cafe.
- Neat places: A taste of Malaysia
Put some spice in your life with these Christchurch classics.
- Ozzy Osbourne cancels his New Zealand dates due to pneumonia
Osbourne was due to play in Auckland and Christchurch in March.
NZ Sports News
- Naomi Osaka reveals online abuse as she admits struggling with attention
Naomi Osaka loses, tearfully talks about struggles and reveals vile online abuse.
- Tim Southee shines as Black Caps beat Bangladesh to complete 3-0 series rout
Tim Southee grabs six-wicket haul as Ross Taylor breaks Stephen Fleming’s ODI run record.
- Cronulla Sharks boss adamant Shaun Johnson is 'going nowhere'
Cronulla rubbish reports former Warriors star could be forced out of the club over salary cap investigation.
- 'Overweight' Reds prop Feao Fotuaika completes impressive transformation to earn start against Highlanders
Reds coach blown away by prop’s transformation after almost giving the game away.
- UFC: Israel Adesanya to face American Kelvin Gastelum for interim middleweight title
Kiwi MMA star Israel Adesanya is tracking the trajectory of Conor McGregor with his remarkable UFC rise.