NZ National News
- Arrest in West Coast shooting; Victim identified as Hayley Williams
A man has been arrested in relation to the shooting death of a Greymouth mother.
- Fire stops holiday traffic near Alexandra
A sizeable roadside fire stopped heavy Labour Day traffic in Central Otago this afternoon.
- Fleeing motorist arrested after crashing into rail crossing control box
A Hawera man has been arrested after crashing into a power box mains controlling four level rail crossings in Inglewood, Taranaki.
- Trapped kayaker rescued from Huka Falls, near Taupō
A kayaker has been rescued from Huka Falls, north of TaupÅ.
- Murupara teen still on the run after stealing police car
Police are hunting a teen who they say stole a patrol car in the Bay of Plenty last week.
- Meth researcher thrilled with new Prime Minister
Waiheke Island lawyer and meth researcher Chloe Barker is thrilled to see Jacinda Ardern, who acted on her findings, become Prime Minister.
- New look garden safari for Waiheke Island
A new format for an annual garden tour on Auckland’s Waiheke Island will offer fewer open gardens but more workshops for keen gardeners.
- Drinking fountains dry for months at two Waiheke Island schools
Drinking fountains have been dry at two Waiheke Island school for almost six months.
- Waiheke Island's votes reflected in government
Many Waiheke Island and Great Barrier residents are celebrating the new Labour-New Zealand First government being formed.
- Two friends dead after early morning police chase
All five people involved in a Monday morning crash that killed two during a police chase were believed to be friends, Auckland police said.
- Dave Armstrong: Great community asset heading for the ditch
OPINION: A couple of years ago my wife had a significant birthday. Mrs Armstrong was looking to hold a sunny, family-friendly celebration. Various venues were canvassed, some depressing, others prohib …
- Obituary: Ineleo Tuia – Outstanding leader of the Tokelau community
Ineleo Henry Nonu Tuia: b Nukunonu, Tokelau, 1939; m Vitolia Victoria Samuelu 1974; 6s, 2d; d Lower Hutt, October 5, 2017, aged 78.
- Full steam ahead for Aotea Lagoon's miniature train
Neglected and left to battle the elements in Porirua, the Aotea Lagoon miniature train service was decommissioned two years ago.
- Troupe of tricksters bringing a sprinkle of magic to Wellington
Wellingtonians are being asked to suspend their disbelief, if only for the night, as five of the world’s best magicians descend on the city.
- Review: Yum cha at The Riddiford Hotel, Lower Hutt
A taste ofâ¦ Yum cha, at The Riddiford Hotel, 21-29 Knights Road, Lower Hutt CBD.
- Christchurch as seen through the eyes of the Social Enterprise World Forum delegates
OPINION: Three weeks ago, Christchurch stepped on to the global stage by hosting the 2017 Social Enterprise World Forum. About 1600 delegates from more than 45 countries came, saw and left absolutely …
- Christchurch bacon lovers flock like moths to a flame
- Summer Starter: Unlikely friendship sparks fitness fundraiser
In the lead up to the ASB Summer Starter on November 26, reporter MADDISON NORTHCOTT speaks with Christchurch woman Cindy Ferguson about an unlikely friendship that fostered her fitness journey. …
- Christchurch gets a taste of Bollywood at Diwali
Bollywood dance moves, traditional music and authentic curries greeted more than 8000 Cantabrians at the annual Diwali Indian festival of lights.
- Christchurch company's travel scheme wins cycling award
Imagine how much easier getting to work would be if you had a travel plan designed just for you.
NZ Sports News
- Emotional day for Aumua family as Asafo earns his first on his All Blacks callup
Asafo Aumua’s first call after learning of his All Blacks callup was to his father, Tautua.
- Unwanted All Black Julian Savea thrown lifeline, told to use off-season wisely
If there is such a thing as an All Black scrapheap, Julian Savea can rest assured he has not been cast upon it.
- Steven Adams' double-double can't stop OKC falling to Andrew Wiggins buzzer-beater
Steven Adams’ best performance, and first double-double, of the young NBA season was not enough to snap the Oklahoma City Thunder out of their early funk in Minnesota on Monday (NZT).
- Student Deyna Castellanos up for more Fifa awards than world's best
Only one player in world football is a double-finalist in this year’s Fifa awards – and their name isn’t Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Steve Hansen declares 'special' Asafo Aumua ready to take the next step with All Blacks
The kid gloves are off with Wellington prodigy Asafo Aumua. Have you seen him play? asks All Blacks coach Steve Hansen with an arched eyebrow.