Latest NY Region News from the NY Times
- Jeffrey Epstein Autopsy Results Show He Hanged Himself in Suicide
The New York City chief medical examiner’s determination refutes conspiracy theories that he may have been murdered.
- Customs Computer Failure Snarls Passengers at U.S. Airports
Officials said service was restored after about two hours but travelers then faced long waits to be processed.
- ‘Sopranos’ Actress Who Accused Harvey Weinstein of Rape May Testify at His Trial
To bolster their case, prosecutors want Annabella Sciorra to take the stand, even though Mr. Weinstein is not charged with assaulting her.
- Rice Cookers That Prompted Bomb Scare in Subway Investigated as ‘Hoax Devices’
The police are seeking a man who was seen leaving the appliances at Fulton Street station. But they cautioned that his intent wasn’t clear.
- Trump Tower on Obama Avenue: 290,000 Say Yes, but It Won’t Happen
Even in deep blue New York, there are limits to trolling President Trump.
NZ News from UK Guardian
- Man charged with murder of Australian tourist Sean McKinnon faces New Zealand court
Police say they are not looking for anyone else in relation to the camper van attack in the North Island surfing town of RaglanA man has faced court over the alleged murder of Australian surfer Sean M …
- Alan Jones writes to Jacinda Ardern to apologise after companies pull ads
2GB radio host says he ‘erred’ in comments about NZ PM despite also accusing her on Friday of being ‘gormless’ and a ‘hypocrite’Australian radio shock jock Alan Jones has apologised to the New Zealand …
- New Zealand police hunt gunman after Australian killed in 'tragic, random attack' – video
An Australian man was shot dead while he was sleeping in a campervan in the New Zealand town of Raglan just after 3am on Friday. Police say the man’s body was found in the stolen campervan, abandoned …
- Scott Morrison condemns Alan Jones's call to 'shove sock down throat' of Jacinda Ardern
Australia PM says radio host ‘way out of line’ for comments about New Zealand leaderScott Morrison has said the radio presenter Alan Jones was “way out of line” for saying the Australian prime ministe …
- Australia waters down Pacific Islands plea on climate crisis
Forum’s chair describes leaders’ 12 hours of talks as ‘very, very tough struggle’Australia stands in opposition to other Pacific Islands nations after distancing itself from language calling for urgen …
- New Zealanders warned about the consumption of 'sexy pavement lichen'
A common species of urban lichen is being promoted as a natural alternative to Viagra, much to the concern of scientistsBotanists in New Zealand are warning the public not to consume lichen growing on …
- Barry Manilow’s Original Musical Is (Finally) Making It to New York
After more than two decades and three out-of-town runs, “Harmony” is scheduled for early next year.
- A New Festival Shows Off Creators Ready to Launch
If the eclectic clutch of productions in its first week is any indication, the Rave Theater Festival is off to a promising start.
- Onstage in Edinburgh, the Mood Is Grim
Theatrical productions at the Edinburgh International Festival and Fringe give the impression of a world coming apart at the seams.
- Review: In ‘Make Believe,’ Four Children Meet Their Inner Adults
Bess Wohl’s daring, mysterious new play is a comedy of underparenting and a tragedy of selfishness. Or is it the other way around?