Latest NY Region News from the NY Times
- N.Y.C. Is Days Away From Running Out of Covid Vaccines
“We will have literally nothing left to give as of Friday,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said. The next shipment is expected on Tuesday.
- Colonia, N.J.: A ‘Nice’ Alternative to the City
Good schools and reasonably priced homes have made this Woodbridge Township community popular with New York City buyers during the pandemic.
- Queens Man Wanted ‘Execution’ of Schumer and Ocasio-Cortez, U.S. Says
Brendan Hunt, a fervent supporter of President Trump, is also accused of urging the killing of members of Congress before Inauguration Day.
- U.S. Soldier Discussed Attack on 9/11 Memorial, Prosecutors Say
Cole Bridges was arrested after he talked about a possible attack with an F.B.I. informant posing online as a sympathizer with the Islamic State.
- Cuomo Offers Doomsday Proposal to Attack a Possible $15 Billion Deficit
The governor floated an increase in income tax on top earners as he warned that the state might have to cut $2.6 billion in school and Medicaid spending.
NZ News from UK Guardian
- Covid unlikely to die out, says New Zealand health chief Ashley Bloomfield
Director general says virus may become less deadly over time and warned of vigilance needed to keep out new variantsCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageCovid-19 is unlikely to …
- Australian spider that crushes its prey among species taking hold in New Zealand
Little humped spider usually found in Sydney is now thriving in Christchurch and is just one of dozens of invasive spider speciesAn Australian spider that crushes its prey in a tightly spun web is one …
- International arrivals to New Zealand must return negative Covid test before flight
Australia, Antarctica and most Pacific Islands exempt from new requirement, but 14-day quarantine still applies to all travellersCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageNew Zealand …
- America's Cup: Team New Zealand thanked for role in dramatic rescue
Team were spotted delivering pizzas to rescue crew of American Magic after yacht capsizedThe defending champions and hosts of the America’s Cup, Emirates Team New Zealand, temporarily let go of their …
- The remarkable bounceback of New Zealand's magazines
After the withdrawal of Bauer Media last year, the industry appeared to be on its death bed – but not for longAt 8.31am on a Thursday, Henry Oliver received a text message from his employer, alerting …
- What next for Trump's trusty New Zealander?
Chris Liddell says he is staying for Trump’s last days to help manage a ‘volatile’ time, but after Biden takes office he seems destined for a return homeHe is Trump’s trusty New Zealander, his right-h …
- It’s Time to Turn the Page on the Trump-Shakespeare Comparisons
Pundits have likened the president to Lear, to Hamlet, to Macbeth, to Coriolanus. That may have been four years of wishful thinking.
- ‘Overflow’ Review: The Bathroom Battleground
Travis Alabanza’s monologue starring Reece Lyons examines agency and safety, here inextricably intertwined with identity.
- Basil Twist in Paris: When Puppets Meet Baroque Opera
Before his directorial debut in France, with Mondonville’s “Titon et l’Aurore” at the Opéra Comique, the virtuoso puppeteer discussed the challenges of working in a pandemic.
- How Theater Stepped Up to Meet the Trump Era
As artists saw liberties threatened and inequities exacerbated, the stage became more thrillingly urgent than it had been in decades.