Latest NY Region News from the NY Times
- Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. and World News
Louisiana’s governor orders bars to close and said almost all residents must wear a mask. Disney World reopens, despite a surge in Florida. Thousands of Israelis protested the government’s handling of …
- Here Are the U.S. States With Travel Restrictions
A third of states have strict measures in place for visitors, from mandatory testing to quarantine requirements.
- 'Freeholder,' Title ‘Born From Racism,’ to Be Eliminated
New Jersey will replace “freeholder,” the 18th-century designation for county lawmakers, with the word “commissioner.”
- ‘I Couldn’t Do Anything’: The Virus and an E.R. Doctor’s Suicide
Dr. Lorna Breen was unflappable — until she faced a new enemy.
- Scientists Say You Can Cancel the Noise but Keep Your Window Open
Researchers in Singapore developed a system that’s sort of like noise-canceling headphones for your whole apartment.
NZ News from UK Guardian
- 'We've been in the trenches': the women holding power to account over Christchurch
Anjum Rahman and Aliya Danzeisen have devoted their lives to raising awareness of the warning signs before the terror attackIt was another long drive, another night away from home and another morning …
- Sam Neill: 'Twitter has become toxic. We don't need someone else shouting'
The veteran film star has been cheering people up online during lockdown. He talks about the mini-films he has been posting, the joy of wine – and why he is returning to Jurassic ParkUnusually in this …
- Helen Clark: WHO coronavirus inquiry aims to 'stop the world being blindsided again'
Former New Zealand prime minister says WHO director general said during early days he was ‘screaming every day but no one is listening’Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageA for …
- New Zealand: man cuts through fence to escape Covid-19 quarantine and buy alcohol
Man in his 50s is the third person to abscond during quarantine, as the nation battles with influx of returning citizensCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageNew Zealand’s govern …
- The Beths: how New Zealand’s favourite pop-rock group made self-doubt their brand
Their first album took the four-piece band around the world, but on their second lead singer Elizabeth Stokes is taking nothing for grantedWhen my video call connects with Auckland songwriter Elizabet …
- Coronavirus report: global cases pass 12m as US daily tally breaks world record
Infections globally rising by a million a week; US reports 60,000 cases in a day; Trump rally and protests in Tulsa ‘likely contributed’ to surgeCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus cov …
- 7 Things to Do This Weekend
How can you get your cultural fix when many arts institutions remain closed? Our writers offer suggestions for what to listen to and watch.
- Theater Artists of Color Enumerate Demands for Change
A 29-page document released this week amounts to a call for wholesale restructuring of the system, onstage and backstage, on Broadway and beyond.
- Review: A Legal Battle Over Adoption in ‘The Copper Children’
The Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s streaming series begins with a “historical fable” about Catholic orphans and their new families in 1904 Arizona.
- ‘Hamilton,’ ‘The Simpsons’ and the Problem With Colorblind Casting
Egalitarian in theory, the practice is more often used to exclude performers of color. But even well-intentioned efforts at increasing diversity create complications.