Latest NY Region News from the NY Times
- Covid-19 Live Updates: Latest News and Analysis
A study offered an explanation for children’s ability to fight off the virus. Thousands protested new lockdown measures in London.
- How to Keep the Peace in a School Pod
‘It’s important to approach this with the idea that there’s no ideal situation. If there were, we’d all be doing it.’
- What to Know About Your Used Car
Sales of previously owned vehicles are booming, but many new owners may not realize what they’re in for in terms of upkeep.
- How to Use the Renter's Market to Your Advantage
If you’re hoping to relocate, renew a lease or renegotiate an existing agreement, this is what to keep in mind.
- How to Get Focused
The average person’s mind wanders nearly half the time. Here’s how to pull it back to attention.
NZ News from UK Guardian
- New Zealand's weirdest election: Covid dominates battle between Ardern and Collins
In 2017, Jacindamania swept the nation, but this year the sparkle is gone, replaced by a strange and muted campaign When “Jacindamania” swept the country three years ago, town halls, pubs and stadiums …
- New Zealand is in a 'shecession' – so where is the much-needed 'she-covery'? | Claire Robinson
Both major parties are pinning their hopes on jobs for the boys to lead the post-coronavirus economic recoveryNZ election weekly briefing: a dull debate, budget mistakes, Ardern tattoo anyone? Some ma …
- NZ election weekly briefing: a dull debate, budget mistakes, Ardern tattoo anyone?
In the first instalment of the Guardian’s weekly briefing, Elle Hunt assesses the first TV debate, what happens when you lose $8bn, and the fight over farmersKia ora koutou, and welcome to the first i …
- We won't beat Covid by channelling Churchill | Letters
Boris Johnson’s Churchillian language does not impress Richard Teverson, while Katherine Arnott dismisses the prime minister’s appeal to people’s common sense. Plus letters from Patrick Cosgrove and D …
- Māori academics call for national inquiry into racism at New Zealand universities
Discrimination against Indigenous students and teaching staff ‘deeply ingrained’ and endemic Nearly 40 Indigenous academics are calling for a national inquiry into racism at New Zealand universities, …
- Island of Niue considers travelling forward in time to catch up with New Zealand
Pacific nation has strong links to New Zealand, but languishes a day behind it as a result of the somewhat arbitrary international datelineSome on Niue want to travel through time.The lone Pacific isl …
- Things to Do This Week
This week, meet the singer Tashera Robertson, hit a photo show and try your hand at making snow fluff.
- This Basketball-Loving Poet Resists Categorization
Fresh off the success of his play “Barber Shop Chronicles,” Inua Ellams has a new book out, “The Half God of Rainfall,” about a son of Zeus who dominates on the courts.
- Glenn Close to Headline Starry ‘Angels in America’ Benefit
Laura Linney, Patti LuPone and Jeremy O. Harris will also feature in the digital performance of scenes from Tony Kushner’s two-part epic on Oct. 8.
- New Initiative Will Grant $156 Million to Arts Groups Run by People of Color
The Ford Foundation, Bloomberg Philanthropies and others are aiding national and regional groups at risk of shuttering because of the pandemic.