Date(s) - Sunday, August 26
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Ridge Road County Park
CELEBRATE SUMMER THE KIWI WAY
New location! New location! New location!
Last year Hurricane Irene decided to stop by and ruin our first picnic at our new site. Come and help us make this year’s picnic bigger and better! This year’s picnic location is easily accessible from NYC via public transport. It has private space just for our event, an undercover pavilion, plenty of outdoor picnic tables, a children’s playground, plenty of space for games (including the gumboot throw and the all important North Island versus South Island tug of war), water fountains, amenities and ample parking space.
There will be the traditional NZ-style BBQ including sausage sizzle, roast lamb, vege burgers and an array of salads and of course it wouldn’t be complete without Watties Tomato Sauce!
Date: Sunday August 26th, 2012
Time: 12 noon – 4pm
Location: Ridge Road County Park, Hartsdale,NY
Public Transport: Quick 45 minute trip on Metro-North from Grand Central to Hartsdale. Shuttle van service will be available to take you to and from the train station to the picnic site. Refer to additional transportation details below.
Buy your tickets at the Picnic: Ticket prices are:
Adult Members & Non-members: $45.00
Children 5-13 (members & non-members): $10.00
Children < 5: Free
Public Transportation Details:
– We recommend that you catch the Hudson line train leaving Grand Central at 11.25am – arriving in Hartsdale at 12:11am.
– The Kiwi Club is providing a free shuttle service from the Hartsdale station to the picnic site for the 11.25am train.
– Our two Kiwi Club transport coordinators (Katherine Romaine and Justine Kirby) will be on this train, and will do their best to make sure you get on the right train at Grand Central and that you get off at the right stop rather than ending up in Canada.
– Buy your ticket in advance from a machine at the station, as it’ll cost you about twice as much onboard. If you buy a one-way off-peak ticket at the station, it will cost $7.75 for adults, $5 for seniors and $4 for children. There is no discount for a return trip.
If you want to come by a different train, here are the options:
– Depart Grand Central 10:25am, arrive Hartsdale 11:09am
– Depart Grand Central 12:25pm, arrive Hartsdale 1:09pm
You will then need to catch a cab from the train station to the picnic site (about 5 minutes away).
The Kiwi Club is providing a free shuttle service to the Hartsdale station to return to NYC for the following trains:
– depart Hartsdale 4:25pm, arrive Grand Central 5:09 pm
– depart Hartsdale 5:25pm, arrive Grand Central 6:11pm.
Remember that New York law requires children 7 and under to be in an appropriate child restraint, so please bring this with you. We can’t break the law in getting people to the picnic.